A healthy, luscious mane is a dream for many, and a homemade biotin powder/drink can be a natural and effective way to support hair health. Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, plays a crucial role in maintaining strong and shiny hair. Here's a simple recipe for a DIY biotin powder/drink to help you achieve the hair of your dreams:
- 2 tablespoons of dried curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon of amla (Indian gooseberry) powder
- 1 tablespoon of hibiscus flower petals (optional for added shine)
- 1 cup of water
- In a dry pan, lightly roast the curry leaves, flaxseeds, and fenugreek seeds until they release their aroma. Let them cool down.
- Grind the roasted ingredients into a fine powder using a blender or spice grinder.
- Mix in the amla powder and hibiscus flower petals (if using) with the powdered mixture.
- Store the DIY biotin powder in an airtight container for future use.
How to Prepare the Biotin Drink:
- Take 1 teaspoon of the biotin powder and mix it in a cup of warm water.
- Stir well until the powder dissolves completely.
- Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes to allow the nutrients to infuse into the water.
- Strain the drink to remove any solid particles.
- Sip and savor your homemade biotin drink!
Benefits of Biotin Drink:
- Biotin promotes hair growth and helps in preventing hair thinning and breakage.
- Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients that nourish the hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth.
- Flaxseeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help improve hair texture and strength.
- Fenugreek seeds contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth and help in combating dandruff.
- Amla is rich in vitamin C, which strengthens the hair shaft and adds shine to the hair.
- Hibiscus flower petals are known for their hair conditioning properties, making the hair soft and manageable.
Remember, while this DIY biotin powder/drink can be beneficial for your hair, it is important to maintain a balanced diet and overall healthy lifestyle to support hair health. If you have any specific hair concerns, it's always best to consult with a healthcare professional or a dermatologist for personalized advice.
Note: The information provided here is for general guidance and should not replace professional advice. It is recommended to consult a healthcare professional for specific concerns and tailored recommendations.